- In 2014 Thailand exported 10.8 million tonnes of rice, an increase of +63.6% from 2013
- Global rice trade is expected to hit 41.9 mn tonnes this year (last year was 41.88 mn)
- World’s rice consumption is 483 mn tonnes
Questions from this
- Can you imagine how poorly the previous government managed the rice sales in 2013?
- Even despite this increase in volume, Thailand’s exports only grew at low single digits, so the rest of the export market has been performing even more poorly.
Source: Bangkok Post