Here are the key facts:
- Investment projects approved last year by the Board of Investment (BoI) hit a 50-year high
- The BoI approved 3,469 investment projects worth 2.19 trillion baht in 2014, surging 73% in terms of project numbers and 117% in terms of value.
- In 2013, it approved 2,347 projects worth 1.11 trillion baht.
- Last month alone, the BoI approved 2,092 projects with a total investment value of 1.43 trillion baht.
- According to 2014 investment data, the sector granted the most BoI applications was industrial and infrastructure projects, with 799 projects worth 822 billion baht winning approval.
- Chemical, paper and plastics companies were awarded 503 projects worth 430 billion baht.
- The automotive and auto parts industry received approval for 737 projects worth 325 billion baht, while the agribusiness sector secured 806 projects worth 271 billion.
Who are the winners here? Simple, HEMRAJ, WHA, AMATA, TICON, ROJNA
Source: Bangkok Post