So there’s been a lot of news regarding a potential Cabinet reshuffle that has several people excited, here are some of the possible options
- Timeline: Early Aug, the reshuffle could take place, according to Nation newspaper mentioning a source from Government House.
- Somkid – Industry Minister – Somkid Jatusripitak, a former Finance Minister in the Thaksin Shinawatra government, could replace Industry Minister Chakramon Phasukavanich.
- Finance Minister – Finance Ministry’s permanent secretary Rungson Sriworasat is expected to replace Finance Minister Sommai Phasee.
- Defence Minister – Deputy Defence Minister and Army Chief Gen Udomdej Sitabutr, who will retire as Army Chief in Sep, is being considered for the Defence Minister, to replace DPM and Defence Minister Gen Prawit Wongsuwan. However, PM Gen Prayuth has indicated that the position could be saved.
- Deputy Defence Minister – Army Chief of Staff Gen Chatchalerm Chalermsuk, who will also retire, is likely to replace Udomdej as Deputy Defence Minister.
DPM • Prawit would stay on as DPM.
- Agriculture Minister – Prayuth’s classmate Gen Yodyuth Boonyatikarn might replace Agriculture Minister Peetipong Phuengbun na Ayutthaya.
Public Health Minister – Sarana Boonbaichaiphruek, National Legislative Assembly (NLA) member.